Wednesday, October 26, 2005

idiosyncratic behavior

I recently was tagged by the beloved wife to list my idiosyncrasies in some goofball internet game of tag. Knowing that a full list of my idiosyncrasies (also known as eccentricities) would take up too much bandwidth, I have tried to limit myself to just a few. Here then are a few of my less embarrasing traits:

1) I cross my little toes over the adjacent toes whenever I am barefoot.
2) I play Mozart's "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" on my front teeth when bored. Not the full piece.
3) Whenever I say I will do something requiring me to get up from wherever I am sitting, I need to be reminded to do it several times because I always get distracted before I can get around to doing the task.
4) I hate shopping for clothes. I hate it so much that I need for my clothes to be completely frayed or have holes in them before I will go shopping. This includes underwear.
5) Speaking of underwear, I fold mine. Boxers.
6) When walking down a street, I will often practice my volleyball approach.
7) I imitate Mr. Burns' "Excellent" comment (including the accompanying hand gesture)whenever it seems appropriate...which is often.
8) I can't buy classic books in paperback. This is an expensive (and stupid) habit which I cannot seem to break.
9) If the clothes just came out of the laundry and its 2:00 am, I still need to fold them and put them away before i can go to bed.
10) I can't sit without tapping my foot.
11) I won't drink a martini made with anything other than gin.
12) I won't eat tomatoes or catsup.
13) I laugh at every stupid "football to the groin"-type video shown on America's Funniest Home video reruns.
14) I still serenade my family with some of the stupid songs I heard on the Dr. Demento show on 94.7 KMET in L.A. when I was in 5th grade. My wife is particularly fond of "Dead Puppies Aren't Much Fun."
15) I frequently wash my hair twice in the shower because I forget that I already washed it.
16) I don't think stand-up comedy is funny.
17) I think Halloween is for kids, not adults, and I won't dress up for it.
18) I have a thing for Jane Austen.
19) I watch UCLA football and basketball broadcasts until the (usually bitter) end, even when it's a blowout and the game ends at some ridiculous hour because we're two hours ahead of the West Coast.
20) I won't wear t-shirts, blue jeans or tennis shoes to church, theater or court.

Just a few traits, some strange and others not so much...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

THAT'S IT?! you are so holding back.... what are ya? chicken!?

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halloween is for kids, but mine get really upset if I dont get in my 'witch' costumn, and scare the wits out of the neighborhood kids. My eldest actually would rather hand out candy than go out, as she gets to see the kids scared faces!
:)

8:31 PM  
Blogger Bert said...

i tagged your beloved wife, so techinically, i got you involved in this. my sincere apologies. that said, my favorite dr. demento song was "fish heads.. fish heads rolly-polly fish heads!"

9:39 PM  
Blogger cianna said...

now I'm curious what other idiosyncracies mamazilla had in mind when you were tagged...

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter